June 17, 2017

Create With Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop!

Good Saturday morning everyone! We have a new Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary today. Before I start you off with my project, I just wanted to let you know that our June Mini posted on June 11th but you can still sign up!



Items we used in this new session include:

  • Delightful Daisy Bundle
  • Colorful Seasons Bundle
  • Tranquil Tulips
  • Wood Words Bundle
  • Label Me Pretty Bundle
Each session includes 14 EXCLUSIVE step-by-step tutorials...12 unique cards featuring three stamp sets and TWO 3D items...perfect for your club, class or stamp camp! PREORDER 2017 BONUS PROJECT: Purchase BOTH June and July 2017 Mini Sessions and get a PREORDER BONUS TUTORIAL designed by Connie Babbert immediately upon purchase!


All 14 projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you have them immediately and will not be shown anywhere else online. Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month. Only $8.95 US per month. Sign up now by visiting Create with Connie & Mary!


And now on to our Saturday Blog Hop:




For our theme this week, we are all using our favorite pink as a focal point on our cards. Blushing Bride seems to be my go-to pink lately. I just love how subtle and not too bright this shade of pink is?




For my focal point, I decided to use the Window Box Thinlits Dies to cut out the die-cut hexagon shape.  I added layers under and layers over the hexagon. Lots of copper going on in my creation!




The Copper Foil Sheets emboss so well. I used the Oh My Stars Embossing Folder for this one. Notice how detailed the embossing is in the photo above?



Card Layers:

  • Card Base: Blushing Bride Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score and fold at 5-1/2".
  • Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Glue to card base.
  • Layer #3: Copper Foil Sheets 5" x 3-3/4". Emboss using the Oh My Stars Embossing Folder. Glue to card front.
  • Ribbon: Tie a piece of the Copper Trim around all three layers of the front of the card and tie into a bow. Position about 2" from the bottom.
  • Layer #4: Blushing Bride Cardstock scrap cut with the Window Box Thinlits Dies. Use the hexagon portion of the die. You will notice the outline of the hexagon once you die-cut. Use these lines as a guide to cut off the hexagon. Glue to card front about 1-3/4" from the bottom and over the ribbon.
  • Squiggles: Using the Swirly Squiggles Thinlits Dies, cut the medium size swirly using Copper Foil Sheets and the small size swirly using Whisper White Cardstock. Layer and glue both pieces in the center of the hexagon layer.
  • Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock using VersaMark Ink and sprinkle with Copper Embossing Powder. Use the Heat Tool to melt the powder. Hand-cut and glue to the center of the hexagon using Stampin' Dimensionals.


Now you can follow the rest of the Saturday Blog Hop
by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates!
Click PREVIOUS to visit Libby and NEXT to visit Melissa:

https://libbystamps.wordpress.com/
http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/


4 comments:

  1. Copper and pink--who knew that was a winning combination?! I've been all about the flirty flamingo myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!, You really rocked this hop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!